The security guard in the state of Arkansas is required to be licensed and the applicant must attend state certified training and meet the personal qualifications in order to be able to work within the state’s security sector. The security licensing is regulated by the The Arkansas Department of Public Safety and prior to applying for the license all requirements must be met.
In order to become a security guard in the state of Arkansas, there are a few minimum requirements which must be met first.
- The applicant for unarmed security guard training must be at least 18 years of age.
- The applicant for armed security guard training must be at least 21 years of age and go through weapons, marksmanship and target training. The training for an armed security guard requires more training than the unarmed guard due to the larger risk involved.
- The applicant for security guard training must hold a high school diploma or an equivalency certification.
- The applicant must have proof of citizenship or the legal right to work in the United States.
- The applicant must not have any convictions for felonies.
- The applicant must pass a background check and successfully pass a drug test.
- The applicant will be fingerprinted.
- The applicant for security guard training must take a state certified training course prior to applying for an Arkansas security guard license. This training will include education in subjects such as property’s legal, emergency protocols, and properly apprehending and detaining suspected criminals. The training will also include how to work with professional law enforcement agencies.
- The training will need to be updated yearly in order to keep the 48 month armed/unarmed security guard license current.
The Arkansas Department of Public Safety has jurisdiction to issue licenses and enforce licensing requirements.
The employment opportunities that can be found within the security sector in the state of Arkansas are numerous and some of these are: State offices, Banks and financial institutions, Hotels, Art galleries and museums, Colleges, Airports, Federal offices, etc.